Players Code of Conduct
“For the good of the game”
Hampton Park United Sparrow FC reserves the right to suspend any club official, player, spectator or associated family member if they do not abide with the “Codes of Conduct” or continually disrupt training or matches.
Registration / membership fees will not be refunded under any circumstances if such action is taken.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain or coach approach the official during the break or after the game has finished.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials and sledging of other players, deliberately distracting, or provoking an opponent are not acceptable behaviours in any sport.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team. Your teams’ performance will benefit and so will you.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good players whether they are your teammates or opposition.
- Treat all participants in your sport, as you would like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Co-operate with your coach, team mates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
- Do not engage in the use of crude, foul or abusive language that may be determined offensive or engage in conduct detrimental to the image of the game when on or off the field.
- Do not use any banned substance or drugs of dependence.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Do not consume alcohol near the team bench or sideline.
- Show respect for all club property and equipment. Your fees will be increased if they are continually lost or damaged.
- Show respect for our volunteer committee and adhere to all requests and committee decisions.
- Above all, remember you are there for the enjoyment of playing soccer and so is everyone else.