FFA – The National Curriculum and the 4 Building Blocks
- Under 6 – Under 9: The Discovery Phase
- Under 10- Under 13: The Skill Acquisition Phase
- Under 14- Under 17: The Game training Phase
- Under 17 and above: The Performance Phase
FFA Building Blocks
All coaches are expected to:
- Familiarise themselves with the National Curriculum and understand the philosophy and reasoning behind it.
- Have an understanding of the various building phases that the National Curriculum defines for the 4 phases
- Follow and implement the relevant guidelines that the National Curriculum outlines for the particular age group that they are coaching
- Ensure that they have the appropriate qualification for the team that they are coaching.
- Ensure that they register as a coach with Hampton Park United Sparrows FC via the FFV Online Registration process
- Ensure they have a current Working With Children Check
- Note: FFV does not have exemptions for parents coaching or managing teams where their child is playing.
- Working With Children Check is required for ALL people 18+ years of age working with children under 18 years of age.
- Be responsible for the management of their own squads